Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Projects I Should Have Started in June!

Such slow progress on this little house of mine...

We are at a stand-still when it comes to major projects and renovations, but that won't stop me from doing a little redecorating and reorganizing!

There's a bench I've had sitting around for quite some time just waiting for a new coat of paint.



Oh good ole Martha always comes through with amazing paint colors...



And it looks just lovely in my Living Room!  


After a day-long project, I figured I could take on something even bigger.  So I decided to try and conquer the Sewing Room.  This room was originally supposed to be a place for me to do my little crafty projects and such, but it really just turned into the "Let's throw it in there and worry about it later" room.


Oof!  My goodness...  This was definitely going to be longer than a day-long project!

But it was worth it in the end!





   
Ahhh...  It's starting to all come together!




2 comments:

Stacey B. said...

Wow Abbey!
Completed projects are the best!
They look great...NICE job on the sewing room! What an accomplishment!
You are very inspiring :)
♥ from AZ

Abbey said...

Thanks, Stacey!! Great to hear from you!!

I was actually just thinking of you the other day as I cleaned up my office. Remember sending Gail that magazine tear out years ago with cute office-y ideas? One of them had been a folding measuring stick used as a little note holder. I found one in a vintage store about a year ago and bought it up thinking of that page you sent!! :) And I thought of you again when I put it in the new office space just last week. :)

Completed projects ARE the best! I'm feeling better about starting my school year with an organized house.

Hope to hear from you again soon!! -A